Hair loss is an issue that many men and women struggle with. Mopani Pharmacy did some research to figure out why it happens and how you can prevent it.
- Male pattern baldness
- Female-pattern baldness
- Patchy hair loss (alopecia areata)
- Hair loss due to pulling force (Traction alopecia)
- Full scalp hair loss (alopecia totalis)
- Full body hairloss
- Hormonal changes
- Medical conditions such as a disorder, stress or skin disorders
- Medications / treatments such as chemotherapy in cancer patients
What you can do
- Visit your doctor to rule out any causes such as hormone imbalances.
- After all medical reasons have been ruled out, you can ask our staff at Mopani for a recommended product to aid in your hair care routine.
- Relax – managing your stress can go a long way in preserving your hair
- Look after your scalp – massaging it with the balls of your fingers, will stimulate blood flow and help you exfoliate. Do not scratch your scalp as this may damage your hair follicles even more
- Gently brush your hair, from the tips, upward, as not to cause heavy knotting and pulling
- Supplement with a good multivitamin to optimise your hair growth
Check out the Prosana hair care collection here
Some forms of hair loss can be managed, if caught and treated early. It is never too early to start taking better care of your hair, even if it is perfectly healthy.
To help manage your stress, try out Tibb Stress-away!