Summer Wellness – Know your score, live the difference.
The time is now – the summer is in full swing, and it is the perfect time to get into good habits before the winds change and colds and flu attacks. Fortify your immune system with health and wellness in mind, and FEEL the difference! The best way to arm yourself, is through knowledge – Know Your Score: Visit the Mopani Wellness Clinic and have yourself checked out.
Knowing your cholesterol, blood pressure and body mass index will enable you with the ultimate knowledge – to guide you through the rest of your journey towards wellness. An added bonus: You can claim this testing through your medical aid!
Things to boost your wellness
Vitamins and Minerals
- Vitamins are organic and can be broken down by heat, air, or acid
- Minerals are inorganic and hold on to their chemical structure
- This means that vitamins may be altered in the cooking process, storage or even exposure to air or other ingredients
- To ensure that you are getting all that you need in terms of vitamins and minerals, make sure to follow a balanced diet, and to take a multivitamin such as Centrum (Available at #MopaniOnline)
Hair and Skin
Your age might be written on your face, but you could cover it with something other than makeup – Omega fatty acids. What Omega can do for you:
- Omega retains moisture from within, and can hydrate your skin better than conventional moisturisers
- Helps to protect your skin from UVA and UVB rays
- Eases your skin from conditions such as Eczema and Psoriasis
- Promotes a healthy scalp, and thus, healthy hair growth and fights dandruff
- Contains anti-aging properties and can boost the appearance of your skin in terms of wrinkles and blemishes
- Boosts your immune system in the fight against inflammation and intruders such as bacteria and fungi – which can help an acne-prone skin
- If you want to boost your skin with a supplement, shop here at #MopaniOnline
Get a good gut feeling – Probiotics
- Probiotics are known as the ‘good bacteria’ of your digestive system.
- Eating yogurt is a start, but often does not provide enough
- Research has shown that probiotics can help with an array of issues, such as irritable bowel syndrome, diarrhoea, side effects of antibiotics, some skin conditions caused by overgrowth of yeast, vaginal and urinary health and improvement of overall digestion.
- Buy it here at #MopaniOnline
Not so bad to the bone
- Vitamin D and Calcium is vital to preventing osteoporosis in your later years
- A strong set of muscles to support your skeletal frame can go a long way to prevent wear and tear. Make sure to do moderate exercise in both weight training and cardiovascular methods to ensure that your weight remains at a healthy level and that your muscles are strong at your core
- You can get your supplements here at #MopaniOnline
We Heart You
All the things mentioned thus far, happen to also be fantastic ways to take care of your heart! With all the exercise, healthy eating and supplements, you are on your way already to combat heart disease. Remember, the first step, is to KNOW YOUR SCORE. You can come in on any day, Monday – Saturday, no appointment needed!