Whether you are an employer or employee, it is good to know what is expected of businesses, and how you can help to curb the current COVID-19 pandemic. Everyone has a role to play now, in making sure that our establishments are as clean and sanitary as possible.
Mopani Pharmacy had been working hard since day one to keep up with demands, in supplying businesses with high-quality, bulk orders of sanitising, screening and protective items. We have a team focused on serving clients in need of bulk or speciality orders; quickly and efficiently.
Many businesses are now looking to go the extra mile, to minimise absentee staff, and up work performance. We have a few tips on how you can improve:
Take care of their health and morale
Vitamin C is an antioxidant and helps protect cells and keeps them healthy. Your body uses vitamin C to make collagen. This keeps bones, skin, teeth and blood vessels healthy and supple. Vitamin C will not cure a cold or flu by attacking it, but it will boost your immune system to help your own body fight it.
Vitamin B helps to release energy from your food, and regulates your red blood cells and nervous system. You can boost health and morale by supplying each staff member with a daily dose of vitamin C!
Furthermore, a vitality sachet packed with vitamin B complex can help to keep everyone on the go when it is crunch time. It is a relatively inexpensive way to show your staff that you care.
Mopani Pharmacy is stocked to supply protective gear in order to minimise the spread of germs. We have surgical and reusable face masks and -shields available.
Washing your hands with soap and water remains the most effective way of controlling germs and that sanitiser is your second option when soap and water is not available. We have sanitisers and sanitiser dispensers available, as well as bio-scrub solutions.
[bookly-cancellation-confirmation]Keeping everybody clean and sanitised can go a long way, especially in high-traffic businesses, where you are not able to wash your hands at every check-point or entrance. Small bottles of sanitiser are great, for those who are on the go – they can be tossed in the delivery vehicle cubbyhole, into the laptop bag or kept on each desk for when one has returned. Read more: Any soap will do
Having a thermometer at the office allows for daily screening for fevers among employees, which will help to identify employees who could be ill. As it is winter time with colds and flu doing the rounds, it is best to make sure everyone is healthy and fit to be at work. Get your infrared thermometer at Mopani Pharmacy!
If you are unsure of what is expected
The Government Gazette, volume 658, number 43257, offers insights as to what is expected of each business to act in compliance with regulations. Herewith, is our summary of what is expected of businesses:
- A risk assessment should be compiled concerning Covid-19.
- A COVID-19 compliance officer needs to be appointed, in official capacity and in writing.
- The contact info/details on how to reach this compliance officer needs to be displayed throughout the workplace, for all employees to see.
- An official plan of action to assist employees / customers in COVID-19 safety measures should be strategized and implemented.
- This plan should discuss provisions for employees with special needs in terms of co-morbidities or age over 60, if applicable.
- The plan should include a description of COVID-19 symptoms, how it spreads and relevant precautions
- It is recommended, but not obligatory for these employees to work from home.
- Once implemented, all employees should have access to soap, running water and paper hand towels.
- Social distancing of at least 1.5 metres should be held between all employees and patrons of a business.
- Where social distancing is difficult, solid barriers should be placed.
- Each person entering an establishment should have access to hand sanitiser
- Workstations should be sanitised before and after work
- Traveling employees should have sanitiser with them
- Each employer must provide employees with a minimum of two reusable masks
- All employees must be screened for symptoms, daily.
- The amount of people inside the premises should be calculated by determining the floor space available – You have the right to ask customers to wait outside if the establishment is too full.
- These requirements may be less for small businesses (employees) and more for larger businesses ( 500 employees)
Mopani Pharmacy is happy to help with quotations for your business. Alternatively, check out our online shop! Contact us for info: email@example.com | firstname.lastname@example.org | Tel: 013 755 5500 | WhatsApp: 066-192-1703